Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gratitude

Today I am grateful for my cold. It got me out of a lot of stuff I didn't want to do yesterday and allowed me to be able to stay home and get some stuff done I needed to do (laundry, kitchen floor stuff, etc...)

Children... always I am grateful for them. They make me laugh--and cry--but mostly they make me feel important and who doesn't need that?!

DVR's. I love being able to watch TV on MY terms. I don't have to be home to start them recording, don't have to have empty tapes, I can flip past commercials and I can delete the crap. Oh, while I am at it, I am also grateful for remote controls so I can do all the above without having to more more than one finger.

Treadmills. To make up for the lack of movement as a result of the remote (above), I love having my own "George Jettson dog run" in my bedroom. I often find myself pondering the irony of the thing that makes me work so hard to do nothing but spin my wheels.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

and I guess i have nothing to be thankful forI have none of these, I don't even have a cold anymore i got better:<

Lana said...

LOL~ I can just see you running like George, although personally I'd take a Rosie the cleaning robot any day...I'd even run for her!