I have to admit I was worried... worried that I would have to sit outside all night in the cold on cement, worried that I would be an old fart and fall asleep, worried that I would loose the tickets... worried that it would bite (haha--that's a funny).
Fortunately all it was was worry. I found out that we could get wristbands to reserve our place in line so we didn't have to go to the theater until 9:30 and then we waited just a few minutes until we were seated. We were 227+ in a line of 400 so we got in in the middle of the line and got good seats all together. We even managed to get an extra ticket for my friend Marci who got OUT OF HER PAJAMAS and came down to join us at the last minute (as a matter of fact, there were two seats next to us that never got filled). After 15 minutes of heated discussion over who would sit by whom, we finally got in our seats and settled down to wait the hour and forty-five minutes until the movie started. We played "Would you rather" while we waited... funny.
When the movie finally started, we were all hooting and hollering. It is corny in places and what was up with Carlisle--creepy. And most of the guys in the show need a stiff bristled brush and a haircut. But for the most part it didn't bite. We laughed in inappropriate times and the whole of the audience spent a large portion giggling when the "sexual tension" began to build because they knew where it was going... hehe. It was annoying the way the camera kept panning around them every time they were gazing into each other's eyes--which was often. And then there were the close-ups of their eyes the rest of the time...
Scout insisted on pretending to be our British cousin and she spoke with a condescending accent all night. Oh--she planned to take garlic cloves and sit in line with them around her and fling holy water on people as they walked past us but we restrained her. Her friend was going to put a lightening bolt scar on her forehead to go to the premier last night but when we saw her she had chickened out. Haha... Afterall, it was
supposed to be Harry Potter's premier last night. Then, during the movie as Edward confronted Bella about being a vampire, Scout said loudly, "he's a
VAMPIRE?" It was pretty funny.
It was good enough everyone, even BNLFan stayed awake. She took pictures of us in line but she's still asleep so I can't get her camera yet--bah! Why do I have to get up? Anyway, after the movie we went to Denny's for breakfast and then came home to collapse. I was so tired, I could feel myself literally "falling" asleep. It was weird. But I was awake at 6:45 to read scriptures, even without my alarm clock. Go me! I mean, Go back to bed now, me!
No comments:
Post a Comment