Thursday, April 16, 2009

David Archuleta


To quote Scout, "he sweet, sweet, like a chocolaty treat."

D.A. came in concert a few weeks ago and N wanted desperately to do. We tried to get tickets but they were sold out before we could log in even though we were sitting there on the phone AND computer as tickets went on sale. Sheesh!

But N didn't give up. For three weeks she checked to see if tickets were available. Finally the week of the show she got some tickets. She was THRILLED, So Dilbert and I, like dutiful parents (which we are) drove N and her friend Vern and [info]saginaw_annie (aka BNLFan) and Scout to the E-Center. We kissed them and sent them off to their first solo concert. We dropped them off at 7, just in time for the opening singer, whom they hated. They said she was weird. They really liked the second act but it went so long... it was after 9 when David finally stepped on stage. But it was worth it... He was the cutest little white blob way down there on the stage... Did I mention their tickets were the second to last row at the top of the E-Center? Anyway, their pictures are worthless, but he was quite cute on the jumbotron.

In the meantime, Dilbert and I were sitting in the parking lot watching TV on my laptop. I hope this wins me parent of the year!

2 comments:

Lana said...

it totally does, you are the coolest!

rachel said...

wow, you are a cool mom. did I tell you two weeks ago I was taking alyssa to preschool at taylor elem. and saw him walk out of the school while we were walking in. in about thirty seconds a sea of young girls starting rushing to the doors to come outside where we were in the parking lot and we looked at eachother and smiled....it was definetly a 'moment'