Monday, April 13, 2009

In our lovely Easter bonnets

Easter was a lovely day. The sun was shining, an unusual occurrence as of late. Strangely, we had a missionary "farewell" rather than a traditional "Easter" service. Not that it was bad--of course it wasn't. It was just different. Anyway, Dilbert has been out of town since last Monday and he found out he had to stay until this Tuesday so he was in California in a hotel, rather than here with us. Since he missed it, I am posting a picture of the girls in their Easter dresses.
]

This makes me remember the "olden" days when I used to make matching Easter dresses for my girls. It was hard to find something everyone would wear. it was also hard on the lit youngest ones who had the same dress for YEARS, thanks to hand-me-downs. Finally, and thankfully, we had to give it up. The sewing was also a problem--since I am NOT a good seamstress. I just don't enjoy it. I have a "skip it if you don't understand it" philosophy when it comes to sewing directions, a policy that makes success at the sewing machine doubtful.

No comments: