I took Dilbert to Tile for Less to check out the Warm Tile for the kitchen. It ended up taking forever as we realized it was going to take some working out to use this product and maintain the levelness of the kitchen floor. I told Dilbert to work it through in his head and it would be perfect. He has a way of stewing through problems and coming up with solutions that are brilliant. Just give him some time and he will solve the problems. He's my hero in so many ways; this is just one of them.
As we were leaving the tile store, I got a call from the store where we are buying our tile with an estimate on cost. It was over $3000! I was speechless. I think they have vastly mis-measured. We estimated 200 sq. ft. and he measured 350. Someone is off...
Yesterday was also our fieldtrip to Bear Lake to check out the facilities for Girl's Camp. I took my wonderful assistant camp director and the YW's secretary. At the last minute Dilbert was able to come with us. Thank goodness because it rained like the dickens (whatever THAT is).
The drive up there was pretty good, taking the route through Logan Canyon, until we were just about over the pass into Bear Lake. It started to pour so hard we had to slow down to a crawl. We started around the lake, looking for the lodge but couldn't find it. Yes, we did go up there without directions or a map, but it isn't that big of a place, right? And did I mention very spotty cell phone coverage? Yeah...
We ended up finding the Minnetonka Cave but didn't go the whole way to the cave because we were running out of time. But I know where to go, at least. We continued around the North end of the Lake to Bloomington where we found the turn-off to Lake Bloomington. We went about 5 miles along a gravel road until we found a good place to drop the girls off to do their hike. It is absolutely beautiful up there. I mean breathtakingly beautiful. The hike will end at Lake Bloomington, a glacier fed lake with rope swings and shear cliffs to jump off of. I am a bit concerned to take a bunch of girls up there, but they will behave and not drown, right?! We have plenty of Priesthood going along and life vests but there is still that worry.
After that, still in the pouring rain, we went back to find the lodge. We drove back and forth for some time until we finally got enough cell coverage to call home to Scout who provided us with an address. Sure enough, there it was, exactly where we had been looking, just on the other side of the highway. Sheesh! Bear Lake Lodge is a very nice place with plenty of room to hang out, play games, play ping pong and pool and foosball (note to Mom, this would be a great reunion place). It will be very fun. We were told we couldn't go in and see it but as we drove up, the people who were just arriving were there and they said we could go in and look around so we were able to scout it out. Hurrah!
We hurried back to Fish Haven and got our obligatory raspberry shakes (of course that was me. Everyone else was having chocolate or peanut butter... It seems crazy to me why people do that... It is like going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering a hamburger.) Mine was absolutely delicious. We decided with the foul weather that we would try the Evanston WY route back home. Thank goodness we did because the rain only got worse. We hydroplaned all the way down Weber Canyon. We were so grateful for Dilbert's driving. It was plenty stressful for him but I know we would have been in dire straights without his driving skills. He got us home just in time to grab some dinner and get BNL Fan_1 and Scout off to movie night at YW's. I was grateful for those two last night. They managed to have a yummy dinner of brisket and baked potatoes on the table for us as we walked in the door. All the little ones were happy and healthy after a day of neglect so hat's off to them!
Finally, as we were getting ready for bed, I noticed the Packet8 delivery on the kitchen counter. Yeah! Our phone has been out for over a week which was a mixed blessing. We couldn't get any incoming calls and had sporadic outgoing calls due to the bankruptcy of Sunrocket, our VOIP phone company. On the good side, we have had a very quiet week with few interruptions and no calls for us to do any "favors". On the downside, we missed a few invitations for fun. Anyway, Dilbert installed it in 5 minutes and with that came e-mail confirmation that they had already ported our old number and we were back in phone business. Hurrah because it was getting hard to save cell minutes for all our phoning.
As we were leaving the tile store, I got a call from the store where we are buying our tile with an estimate on cost. It was over $3000! I was speechless. I think they have vastly mis-measured. We estimated 200 sq. ft. and he measured 350. Someone is off...
Yesterday was also our fieldtrip to Bear Lake to check out the facilities for Girl's Camp. I took my wonderful assistant camp director and the YW's secretary. At the last minute Dilbert was able to come with us. Thank goodness because it rained like the dickens (whatever THAT is).
The drive up there was pretty good, taking the route through Logan Canyon, until we were just about over the pass into Bear Lake. It started to pour so hard we had to slow down to a crawl. We started around the lake, looking for the lodge but couldn't find it. Yes, we did go up there without directions or a map, but it isn't that big of a place, right? And did I mention very spotty cell phone coverage? Yeah...
We ended up finding the Minnetonka Cave but didn't go the whole way to the cave because we were running out of time. But I know where to go, at least. We continued around the North end of the Lake to Bloomington where we found the turn-off to Lake Bloomington. We went about 5 miles along a gravel road until we found a good place to drop the girls off to do their hike. It is absolutely beautiful up there. I mean breathtakingly beautiful. The hike will end at Lake Bloomington, a glacier fed lake with rope swings and shear cliffs to jump off of. I am a bit concerned to take a bunch of girls up there, but they will behave and not drown, right?! We have plenty of Priesthood going along and life vests but there is still that worry.
After that, still in the pouring rain, we went back to find the lodge. We drove back and forth for some time until we finally got enough cell coverage to call home to Scout who provided us with an address. Sure enough, there it was, exactly where we had been looking, just on the other side of the highway. Sheesh! Bear Lake Lodge is a very nice place with plenty of room to hang out, play games, play ping pong and pool and foosball (note to Mom, this would be a great reunion place). It will be very fun. We were told we couldn't go in and see it but as we drove up, the people who were just arriving were there and they said we could go in and look around so we were able to scout it out. Hurrah!
We hurried back to Fish Haven and got our obligatory raspberry shakes (of course that was me. Everyone else was having chocolate or peanut butter... It seems crazy to me why people do that... It is like going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering a hamburger.) Mine was absolutely delicious. We decided with the foul weather that we would try the Evanston WY route back home. Thank goodness we did because the rain only got worse. We hydroplaned all the way down Weber Canyon. We were so grateful for Dilbert's driving. It was plenty stressful for him but I know we would have been in dire straights without his driving skills. He got us home just in time to grab some dinner and get BNL Fan_1 and Scout off to movie night at YW's. I was grateful for those two last night. They managed to have a yummy dinner of brisket and baked potatoes on the table for us as we walked in the door. All the little ones were happy and healthy after a day of neglect so hat's off to them!
Finally, as we were getting ready for bed, I noticed the Packet8 delivery on the kitchen counter. Yeah! Our phone has been out for over a week which was a mixed blessing. We couldn't get any incoming calls and had sporadic outgoing calls due to the bankruptcy of Sunrocket, our VOIP phone company. On the good side, we have had a very quiet week with few interruptions and no calls for us to do any "favors". On the downside, we missed a few invitations for fun. Anyway, Dilbert installed it in 5 minutes and with that came e-mail confirmation that they had already ported our old number and we were back in phone business. Hurrah because it was getting hard to save cell minutes for all our phoning.




4 comments:
wow this was a long post I am impressed you are going to one of my favorite places on earth It is where the love of my life first told me he loved me (((((sigh)))) It looks sooooo beautiful and fun I seriously want to come do you need a guest speaker,teacher, lifegaurd,cook, potty maid?
You are most welcome to come. You get yourself here and you are guaranteed FUN. One day on the lake skiing, tubing, water boarding, etc..., one day hiking and playing in a glacier lake and one day at a cave and playing games/certifying... How could you NOT come?
your new kitxhen is going to be awesome!
When is your camp. Dani is the camp director in her ward and tehy are going the 2nd week of Aug but I don't know where.
Anyway, have fun!
I hope it will be awesome... it will certainly be a relief to have it done.
Our camp is the sixth through ninth. How fun for her to do camp! Is she excited to do it?
Post a Comment