H woke up during the night Saturday (or, more accurately, Sunday morning) and said she couldn't walk. I looked at her foot and couldn't see anything wrong with it but I let her stay home from church. She took some ibuprofen and could walk on it a bit so I figured it was just a pulled muscle or something. Well, this morning she crawled into my room and showed me her huge, red, hot ankle. I knew it wasn't a sprain. I called the dr. and got right in first thing this morning. I wasn't too worried until he took a look at it and got a worried scowl on his face. He sent us right over to the hospital for blood tests and x-rays. It was a pretty freaky few hours. Finally he had the results back and they all looked good. The x-rays showed no infection in the bone and the blood tests weren't unusually elevated showing the infection hadn't spread throughout her body. And she said she felt fine. She didn't even have a fever. So he drew a cute line around the redness on her leg and gave her a prescription for some massive antibiotics. I called our neighbor to come give her a blessing since Dilbert is back in CA. I have to take her back tomorrow to have it checked again but it already looks much better. It wouldn't have been so bad except I have been reading this book (alert--this is a good book filled with amazingly complex gray-area moral battles but the language is strong) My Sister's Keeper and it deals with a family whose daughter is diagnosed with leukemia. They conceive another daughter to be a cord blood donor. That puts the sick daughter into remission but the cancer comes back. The younger daughter keeps getting asked to donate more bone marrow and other blood products until finally she is asked to donate a kidney and she decided she has had enough and sues for medical emancipation, effectively condemning her sister to death. It has been so fascinating (the woman who wrote it had a child with cancer so the feelings are very raw). Anyway, it was a little much to be sitting there with H with this book in my hands. I'm much better now and, most importantly, so is she. Oh yeah, she was reading "Unfortunate Events" which wasn't that cheery, either.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago




2 comments:
Wow, that was scary! I hope she is okay. And you said I had a crazy life - you have definitely got me beat, what with your husband always gone and all the stuff you do for the schools, and now Primary President!!! Whew, I am tired just thinking about it all. Let me know if I can help with anything, okay? I can drive people to YW, etc.
this is H2 right? so is it a boil?
Post a Comment