Sunday, February 24, 2008

CTR 5's are Wild

With Dilbert out of town, it was going to be a hard CTR 5 day today, I could tell. I even called and got an assistant who has a degree in elementary education. She was speechless at their antics. But they were just being 4. The crier was okay today but it was because his dad came in with him again. But he ditched him during sharing time and the crier was okay. He kept asking where his dad was but I convinced him to stick it out. The twins and the smarty-pants were teasing each other through the whole thing. The ESL girl was in la la land most of the time until I took out the stickers. But we survived...

BNLFan and I were singing the RS song in the other ward so we ditched out sacrament meeting and went to Valley View's. I heard about it from the bishop, though. He said he recognized BNLFan for her advancement from Mia Maids to Laurels but we weren't there. Ooops. I told him where we were so he didn't think we were total slackers...

Frank Zigmunt came home for a few hours today. I fixed roast beef with all the trimmings to celebrate. N is making cream cheese brownies now so he will have something yummy to take home with him. He's doing so well. I am a proud mom. He brought his mission papers home with him for the bishop to sign so he can do his interviews in Provo. He puts in his papers in 30 days. Boo Hoo! I am so pleased he is wanting to go on a mission, but I am going to miss him soooo much.

8 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Your life is so much crazier than mine, and yet you brought me a gift! Thank you, thank you, thank you! And I am jealous that your son is going on a mission - I wish one of mine would have gone/would go!!! I guess on two or three when I am old to make up for them. Ha!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Whoops, I made a booboo, then didn't correct it correctly - I meant "I will just have to go on two or three...."

Shauna6pack said...

Did you find a use for the sugar? Some gift if you can't use it, right? But it was definitely my pleasure to give it because I think you are an amazing person and am honored to consider you my friend! You keep saying how crazy my life is, but I know all the things you do and especially the stresses you have been dealing with lately and am in awe.

Your boys are awesome and you have no making up to do! Multiple missions would just be an added blessing to you and your family.

E and M are good boys with good hearts (hopefully M's will be improving with more medical intervention--that was a pun I didn't intend to make. It just came out and then I was amused with myself).

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

You are right - they ARE good boys. I just worry about my kids way too much. My brother keeps teasing me about being like my mom - a big worrier! And no, I haven't done much cooking or anything lately, but I am going to see what I can come up with to make with the very thoughtful gift you gave me. Even if I didn't make anything with it, it looks cool in the jar with the pretty ribbon!!!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

P.S. And thanks for the compliment - I guess we can start a mutual admiration society or something - ha! You are lots of fun and I'm glad you're my friend!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

PPS -
I found some interesting stuff about vanilla sugar at the following website:
http://www.baking911.com/howto/sugar_flavored.htm

Lana said...

flip flops are from Children's Place

Way Cool that he's getting ready to go on a mission!!!!

rachel said...

Maybe he'll go to Spain!!!!!! Wouldn't that just be family affair!