Today was the last day of the book fair and boy, am I relieved! I am so tired! Of course the day started with a fresh sprinkling of snow. It is fitting, of course, that now it is ending with another snowfall. Sigh...
I am disappointed at the extremely low profits at the book fair. I can't decide it if is because we used a new book fair company, if it was the constant bad weather, or if it was, perhaps, the economy, but we were $2000 less than last year's same fair. That's a big deal when you are talking about a $6000 fair. It seemed like everyone who came into the fair bought stuff but there seemed to be a lot fewer people coming into the fair... So I am bummed!
I have been gone every day, all day long, all this week so my house is in shambles. I have a few hours tomorrow to get it under control. The kids have missed having me around--at least their tummies have missed me. Yesterday I caught the youngest 3 huddling together, picking scraps off the carcass of a rotisserie chicken. Pretty pitiful, I can tell you. Especially when there is a freezer full of freezer meals but they are too lazy to get it.
I am so glad that Dilbert is coming home tomorrow. Boy, have I missed him! Unfortunately he leaves again Sunday morning early so it will hardly be enough time to do his laundry. We are supposed to take BNLFan out for her birthday but that is the last thing he wants to do. He's eaten out every meal for 9 days. I am trying to feel sorry for him but I have been here NOT eating out and shoveling snow so I KNOW I have it worse. Of course I haven't been sicker than a dog, working nights in a cold airplane hanger... Okay, I haven't had it bad at all.
Anyway, that means I will be teaching the CTR class alone again. It is ward conference so I asked one of my stake ladies to come in with me so I hope they will be on their best behavior. I hope I have time to visit the children tomorrow and Saturday. The lesson this week is the infamous, "How did you get your name" lesson. I need to find out how they got their names and I want to take their pictures. I want to make a "responsibility and behavior" chart. I will move their pictures around each week so they have a job to look forward to (line leader, opening prayer, closing prayer, crayon distributor, reverence child, etc...) and a way of dealing with behavior without having to constantly remind them. I am also hoping if I visit the crier at home, he will feel better about coming to class without crying. I guess I am an eternal optimist. We will see!
I am disappointed at the extremely low profits at the book fair. I can't decide it if is because we used a new book fair company, if it was the constant bad weather, or if it was, perhaps, the economy, but we were $2000 less than last year's same fair. That's a big deal when you are talking about a $6000 fair. It seemed like everyone who came into the fair bought stuff but there seemed to be a lot fewer people coming into the fair... So I am bummed!
I have been gone every day, all day long, all this week so my house is in shambles. I have a few hours tomorrow to get it under control. The kids have missed having me around--at least their tummies have missed me. Yesterday I caught the youngest 3 huddling together, picking scraps off the carcass of a rotisserie chicken. Pretty pitiful, I can tell you. Especially when there is a freezer full of freezer meals but they are too lazy to get it.
I am so glad that Dilbert is coming home tomorrow. Boy, have I missed him! Unfortunately he leaves again Sunday morning early so it will hardly be enough time to do his laundry. We are supposed to take BNLFan out for her birthday but that is the last thing he wants to do. He's eaten out every meal for 9 days. I am trying to feel sorry for him but I have been here NOT eating out and shoveling snow so I KNOW I have it worse. Of course I haven't been sicker than a dog, working nights in a cold airplane hanger... Okay, I haven't had it bad at all.
Anyway, that means I will be teaching the CTR class alone again. It is ward conference so I asked one of my stake ladies to come in with me so I hope they will be on their best behavior. I hope I have time to visit the children tomorrow and Saturday. The lesson this week is the infamous, "How did you get your name" lesson. I need to find out how they got their names and I want to take their pictures. I want to make a "responsibility and behavior" chart. I will move their pictures around each week so they have a job to look forward to (line leader, opening prayer, closing prayer, crayon distributor, reverence child, etc...) and a way of dealing with behavior without having to constantly remind them. I am also hoping if I visit the crier at home, he will feel better about coming to class without crying. I guess I am an eternal optimist. We will see!




No comments:
Post a Comment