Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What did I do yesterday, you ask?

I went to the temple yesterday. I got to visit the Bountiful Temple since the Ogden Temple is currently closed. It was pretty busy. I guess the overflow from Ogden filled it since I saw a few sisters from my stake there. I guess it was the day to go! The sun was just streaming into the Celestial Room. It was beautiful. How wonderful it has been to see the sun finally, after weeks of snow. I think I have finally seen the tops of my rosebushes again since the snow is finally melting! More snow is coming today but then it heads right back into the 40's and 50's. Why--that's perfectly balmy! Break out the bathing suits (oh--wait! Please don't!)

Anyway, I digress. It was so fun to see my amazing Aunt Hilda and Uncle Don officiating the session. Aunt Hilda's face was priceless as she realized I was in the session. I hadn't seen them in ages so it was a nice feeling to "connect" with them again. Dad called it "tender mercies."

After the temple I stopped by elle_cosette's house. We visited for a while and then she suggested food. Heck yeah! She took me to this wonderful place called Plates and Palates on 4th North and 5th West. Go there NOW. Get the salad sampler. You can't choose a bad thing there so don't worry. The basil pene salad looks weird but it isn't. You MUST try it. The company was delicious, too. Thanks for the treat, elle!

I hurried home to teach piano lessons. I got to accompany one of my students as he played the bells, getting ready to perform at the solo and ensemble festival. It was fun and is a really cute little song. I like doing stuff like that.

Tuesday nights are my crazy nights and last night didn't let me down. I took M to dance at 6 and then headed back with H at 7. I had Scout with me, trying to drop her off at the church for Young Womens but had to go get BNLFan from the high school first (the Jazz Band played at the girl's basketball game). I had M and her friend in the car and BNLFan's friend needed a ride, too, so we all smooshed into the car. By the time I dropped off the first friend and took the others home, Scout was 30 minutes late to YW's. I met briefly with the bishop and then hurried to pick up our 8 p.m. dance carpool. I raced home and grabbed N and M's friend. I dropped the dance carpool off and picked up H then took M's friend home. Scout called and said she was done at the church so I swung back by the church and grabbed her. It was finally 8:30 and I was done after 2 1/2 hours in the car running to and from dance, high school basketball games and Young Womens. I look forward to May when dance is over. Dilbert will be happy to hear this is the dance school's last year. They are retiring. I'm sad because the kids have loved it. It was very cheap and low stress. They aren't a competitive school so the kids just have fun. The recital is pretty casual but the girls love it and have loved their teachers.

I took some sleeping pills and went to bed. I woke up with a start at 2 so I had a hard time falling back asleep. I hope Dilbert gets home soon. He keeps saying he thinks he will be home Thursday but his ticket is for the 22nd. I guess he meant THAT Thursday, not THIS Thursday. And yeah, I know the 22nd is actually a Friday.

Now I am getting ready for a big PTA meeting this afternoon. I get to present the comments on the PTA/PTO letter I sent out last week and we will make a motion to leave the PTA. I also have to present the results of the book fair and decide if we will stay with the new company or go back to Scholastic. So much to do, so little ambition to do it. I just keep thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?"

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I get worn out just reading about all you do! The driving reminds me of last year when Sirie was taking 6 dance classes, piano lessons, and I was taking piano lessons and had 10 piano students, in addition to school and Church activities. I'm glad I decided not to teach this year, although that may have added to your workload, because with everything that happened at the beginning of the school year until January, I would have been cancelling right and left. Try to get some rest and take time out to just enjoy your kids. They grow up way too fast.

Shauna6pack said...

I am just grateful that I only have one crazy day each week. It could be so much worse but we only let the kids choose one extra-curricular activity at a time. And usually Dilbert and I can split the load so it isn't so taxing (haha that's a funny word to describe the exhaustion associated with the transportation of children) but with him out of town three weeks in a row, I am getting tired of it.