Another wicked snowstorm moved in today. The wind was blowing and the snow was drifting. Fortunately we didn't get the brunt of the storm this time. It went south of here so we are doing okay.
In the midst of the storm I ran to the school for a PTA meeting. I was surprised how many people came, despite the blizzard. At the meeting we agreed to stick with the new book fair company for one more fair and we voted to form a PTO. I sat there and listened to the current president as she ran the meeting and was frightened that I wont have the head on my shoulders to understand it all. I am a consummate procrastinator and I love to hide from responsibility so how will I be able to keep on top of deadlines, get stuff done in a timely manner and not appear totally clueless and frazzled all the time?
I need my husband home. It's been weeks since we have had opportunity to talk for more than 10 minutes at a time, with him traveling and working weird hours. There's a lot on my plate right now and I just need to talk it through. He has a way of listening that helps me sort it through and calm down; he grounds me. I remember getting like this the last time he was gone for an extended time. On one hand, I want to be independent and capable, but on the other hand, I like needing him to tell me to check the computer monitor cord when the color goes "skeewampus" instead of buying a new monitor. I really need to pull myself together!
In the midst of the storm I ran to the school for a PTA meeting. I was surprised how many people came, despite the blizzard. At the meeting we agreed to stick with the new book fair company for one more fair and we voted to form a PTO. I sat there and listened to the current president as she ran the meeting and was frightened that I wont have the head on my shoulders to understand it all. I am a consummate procrastinator and I love to hide from responsibility so how will I be able to keep on top of deadlines, get stuff done in a timely manner and not appear totally clueless and frazzled all the time?
I need my husband home. It's been weeks since we have had opportunity to talk for more than 10 minutes at a time, with him traveling and working weird hours. There's a lot on my plate right now and I just need to talk it through. He has a way of listening that helps me sort it through and calm down; he grounds me. I remember getting like this the last time he was gone for an extended time. On one hand, I want to be independent and capable, but on the other hand, I like needing him to tell me to check the computer monitor cord when the color goes "skeewampus" instead of buying a new monitor. I really need to pull myself together!




No comments:
Post a Comment