Sunday, August 17, 2008

The end of summer

It is coming to an end! School is imminent. I always dread this time of year. I enjoy having my kids home, despite their sleeping late and reluctance to do any chores and the whining that there's nothing to do...

Maybe I like it because I'm doing the same things!

Or maybe it is that I like the slowness of the pace of our lives for these few short weeks. The tempo is already picking up. I've spent this week busily working on PTA and PTO stuff... In case I forgot to mention it, we had a dad offer to pay for us to become a PTO so we've hired a lawyer to help us file and we will start the year with a PTO AND a PTA at our school and I am scared because I don't know the first thing about starting up a PTO and I really don't know a thing about being in charge of something this "big" and "new" and "important". It is all a bit daunting to me. What if I make a mistake (probably will, no doubt)? What if I forget something important (like my pants?)? What if I crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head... well, that part wont happen because I haven't made my bed for weeks and the blankets and sheets are wedged between the mattress and the foot board.

No comments: