Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Voodoo Doctor

I have been seeing a new doctor, this past week. I've been seeing him regularly.

He's a voodoo doctor, very similar to the one I saw a few years ago who looked just like Donny Osmond and whom I let hold my hand whenever he wanted. My new voodoo doctor, whom I will call Vic, looks like Dan Cortese (please don't ask me why this is important). He also holds my hands but he also holds my feet. And that's surprisingly okay.

Actually, what they (he and his father work together doing their voodoo) were doing was some sort of biomeridian analysis using magnets and magic to tell me why I have become allergic to running. It has been fascinating and I'm sold on it. After running electrical currents through me, and testing my meridian points, he determined which of my bodily systems were wacky (in my case it was my resperitory system and my liver), and he gave me a bunch of supplements and some drops of magic water and told me to go off all my prescriptions except the synthroid. I did it and I feel GREAT. I don't have problems with my blood sugar any more, my BP is normal, rather than icky low like it has been for a long time, and my head is clearer than it has been in ages and I'm not taking 7 different allergy medications. So yeah, I'm a believer. The biggest part that I like is that their philosophy of treating the cause of the symptoms, not the symptoms themselves. It just makes sense to me. If I had a blister on my hand from holding it against an iron, I wouldn't treat the blister, I would remove my hand from the iron. It is just so different from traditional medicine. How weird was it to have a strength test done and by simply touching a meridian point on my body, my strength cand went. It is just freaky voodoo magic.

2 comments:

rachel said...

This is exactly what I did for Alyssa a while back. The meridian testing on point in you hand and all that stuff. I'm a believer too.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

good stuff:)