I subbed for my librarian friend again this week. She's having a hard time bouncing back from her surgery and the decline in health of her aging parents. I am happy to help her out, and I have really enjoyed the chance to "teach" library, but being gone from home has been an issue. I enjoy being here when the older kids get home from school. And by the time I would get home, it was time for piano, horseback riding lessons, cello lessons, volleyball, or whatever so nothing got done beyond the basics.
In addition, it is the end of the term so everyone is stressed... And we've had orchestra and choir concerts to attend, to boot. I love seeing my kids perform :)
Here's some pics...
M's Central Singer's Choir Concert... They sang Abba songs. That shouldn't be allowed.
N's first orchestra concert as a junior high student... She's the odd one out in our family, playing the violin.
M's orchestra concert... M enjoys orchestra only because she really enjoys the company of the other orchestra geeks she sits by. She refuses to try for first chair because then she couldn't misbehave with the basses and 8th grade cellos. That's my M!
and
Strange that they didn't notice the large yellow arrows above their heads...




1 comment:
I love that you say "orchestra kids are weird." when you said that did you realize that three of yours fall into that group???!!!
Post a Comment