I haven't posted in quite a while because I've been working AND getting M baptized. I am not used to being a working Mom and I have to admit I am not good at it and I do not like it. I'm glad it is over now. I didn't have internet access while I was working, and by the time I got home, I had so much to do, I couldn't even think about blogging. It was all I could do to read my important e-mails. I am going to post about M's baptism in a separate post...I have been subbing for a friend who had her gall bladder removed this week. She's a librarian in a new library. It was a really nice library, but with few books (more arriving every day, but it is a little sad to see so many of the shelves bare). Anyway, I learned how to check in and out and sort books and shelve books and NOT get all ticked off when the 4th grade boys destroyed the Star Wars books AGAIN... Well, that I didn't learn.
I got to read fun stories to the kids and be crazy with them, which was really fun. But most of the time I was stamping books. I went from shelf to shelf, stamping them with the school name, on the front and back covers and also one more in the middle, just for good luck. I bet I did 1,000,000 stamps this week. My hand and arm ache. I really wanted to get it all done before Kellen returned from her surgery but I didn't get through half of the non-fiction, although I did get through all the Easy fiction and the YA fiction.
It became a personal goal to make it through all those books and I am bummed I didn't make it. If I just had two more days... What a goof I am!
Anyway, it was pretty great until I woke up this morning with pink eye. Of all the dumb!!! I went into the office first thing and told the secretary that I had it and had only had one dose of drops and she had this panicky look on her face. She said she wanted me to stay and keep subbing because it would be harder to find another sub than to explain to irate parents. I figured I knew how to NOT touch my eyes and then touch surfaces that the kids would touch and I carried around bottle of wipes. I just thought it was funny and ironic and stupid.




No comments:
Post a Comment