Monday, July 14, 2008

Day One of Mission shopping

I realized while I was frittering away a week at Girl's Camp, that I hadn't done anything to get Frank Zigmunt ready for his mission yet. So this morning I shuffled him off to do a little shopping. The good news is the most painful part is over...

So far: 1 wool suit with 2 pair of pants (waiting until Wednesday to actually buy them so we can get them on sale), 1 poly-rayon suit with 2 pair of pants (on order, will be here in 2 weeks), 2 pair of good walking shoes, baptism pants (hey--you gotta be optimistic!) and everything needed for the temple tomorrow, mission books, consecrated oil vial, shoe shine kit, sewing kit... It was a nice chunk of change. I'm just thankful that when I go into a store, even someplace like Macys, I can say, "My son is going on a mission and needs a suit," that they know exactly what I am talking about and know just what he needs, rather than the blank stare I would have gotten anywhere else. I'm clueless when it comes to these sort of things and Frank Zigmunt is almost as clueless.