Monday, July 7, 2008

A lot

A lot has been happening here...

Last weekend Frank Zigmunt was made an Elder. It was very nice to have both sets of grandparents in attendance. Dilbert read the line of authority to Frank before he ordained him which was very cool to Frank. Dilbert's dad was able to be there, despite having had so many complications during his hip replacement surgery. I am happy to report he is doing very well now and is getting around much better. Frank is now preparing to go through the temple. I am so excited! I hope he gets his recommend in time to do it before my parents leave on their mission.

Primary this month is focusing on missionary work so it has been very fun to talk about Frank and his preparations. Yesterday we talked about how the children could prepare now to be missionaries. Next week we will talk about great missionaries from the scriptures. The third week is on how to be a missionary now... all great topics!

BNLFAN_1 is playing the cello in the Kaysville community theater production of Beauty and the Beast. She's having a blast doing it. We are going to it tonight.

Scout and N are doing Summer Strings, a string orchestra class at Weber State. Their concert is in two weeks.

Dilbert just got a bonus for all his hard work and travel over the last year. Whoo hoo, Dilbert! And the best news is he is actually spending some of it on himself. He's been buying coins and stamps on ebay and is looking for a high-end metal detector so we can go be geeks at old ghost towns in Central Utah. I'm so excited! I love the whole idea of rock hunting and stuff. I may change my mind when I am out on the desert in 110 weather...

And lastly, this week is girl's camp. I get to go teach orienteering. I told them I would do anything if they would just let me go. I love going to camp and with three daughters going, I am just so psyched! It's going to be fun fun fun!

No comments: