Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yeah! My computer's working again!

My computer is out of memory. Already. Bah. But I've fiddled and deleted and I'm able to post pictures again. Yippee.

Here's what I spent labor day doing... I have a very wonderful friend who used to live in my ward--who is my friend even though she knew me in high school--who is about to send a son on a mission (to Canada!). They went away for a long weekend to have one last "fling" before her son left, only to return to find her home completely flooded. A valve under an upstairs bathroom sink broke and water poured into their home for 3 days. They lost their ceiling and drywall in the basement, all their flooring except a few spots of tile, and all their bedrooms were soaked, as well as their home school area with all their books. They had to rip nearly everything out and deal with mildew. They are frantically trying to get their bedrooms liveable so they can move out of their family room where they are all sleeping now. Anyway, a farewell open house would be out of the question so I took the girls and went over to work on the yard so they could hold it outside. She has the most perfect garden that was overflowing with different varieties of zucchini and tomatoes and beans and eggplant and everything imagineable. But she doesn't have a kitchen right now to take care of it so I brought it home and processed it for her.

From the 8 GIGANTIC zucchinis, I made 40 baggies of grated zucchini (she adds it to hamburger or whatever she's making to add extra veggies to their diet) and 10 baggies of cooked zucchini and a couple of bags of roasted freezer maranara sauce. Yumm. It was a lot of work, but it felt good to give a hand where it was needed.

No comments: