Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My book

Everyone else is writing a book--why shouldn't I?!

M has been writing a book all summer long. I thought she would have tired of it by now, but she is still spending 5+ hours a day, typing away at it. And, of course, elle_cosette's book... But I have always steadfastly maintained that I was an editor, not a writer.

Then Sunday morning I woke up with an idea that has really caught my imagination. I have been doing research, mapping the plot, etc... It has totally consumed my mind and I am having a blast. I hope when it comes time to actually start writing words (today or tomorrow, maybe???), I will still be in love with the idea. It seems to be something very topical now but by the time it is done, will it be too late? Hmmmm....

And since I started this one, I have had an idea for another one that M gave thumbs up to, as well. Sheesh! Where did this come from?

I'm sure more on THE BOOK will follow.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

call me i want details:>

Unknown said...

How fun. I love to hear about other writers. Glad I landed on this blog. Keep on writing a little more each day, and you'll be surprised what you can accomplish.

If you visit my blog and click on some of my "Favorites" you'll find many of them are authors who blog about writing. Some wonderful tips out there. Try The Lyon's Tale, My Writer's Lair, and Six LDS Writers & a Frog for starters.

By the way, I have a contest running, called "Spotlight the Youth," which not many have entered yet. Some fabulous prizes. Closing date is August 31st. So spread the word, and give it a whirl.