Monday, September 24, 2007

The Great Gatsby


After the Ford Family September Birthday party last night I came home and started reading The Great Gatsby so I would be ready for the Ford Sisters Book Group on Thursday... I am pleased to announce I am more than half-way done after only 90 minutes of reading! Whoot whoot! I have to finish it and "The Secret Life of Bees" before Thursday so I will be doing a lot of reading these few days, I think! Fortunately I am a quick reader and will have them done in no time.

The problem is I keep thinking about my book and how what I am reading relates to it... I look at the voice and style and then want to rush to the computer to make changes in what I have written. As a result, I have a chapter that sounds like Pride and Prejudice, a chapter that sounds like Twilight, a chapter that sounds like The Great Gatsby, and a chapter that sounds like Junnie B. Jones Dumb Bunny. I am definitely schizophrenic.

1 comment:

Lana said...

you are funny!

I've never read the great gatsby but liked the secret life of bees!