Scout and N auditioned for HSM today in Farmington. It was a big deal for Scout who wants to be an actress (pronounced act-TRESS) someday. She came out of the audition electrified. She's a lot more like me than I realized, I guess. N came out mortified. She is so uncomfortable in front of a crowd but she keeps doing it, something I applaud her for. Not many 11 year-olds would face their stage fright by trying out for a musical! Scout said N did awesome on the dance part. N said Scout did awesome on the singing part.
The auditions were a little comical. They planned to double cast the show but they were overwhelmed by the response. There were over 300 kids who auditioned (they promise a part to everyone who auditions, BTW). I bet 275 of them were girls. And of them, 250 were shorter than N. It will be interesting to see if they make it (they obviously have to cut some kids!). Anyway, there was such a dearth of boys auditioning that I called and got my dear nephew Kenny out of bed. Since elle_cosette is out of town at the writer's convention, he was taking the opportunity to catch a few extra z's. I compelled him and his older brother Paul to give the kids in Farmington a break and come show 'em how it's done in Centerville. I called my Mom at 11:15 and asked her to hurry over there and pick up the boys and race them to Farmington by 12, the deadline for auditions. They got there at 11:55 (thanks so much for dropping everything and doing that, Mom!) only to find out there is a non-refundable $15 audition fee (thanks for paying it, Mom!). Oh yeah, all parents must volunteer at the practices and performances. I can't wait for elle_cosette to come home and find out what I did! I think I just gifted her with a pregnant cat. It is a gift that keeps on giving.
The auditions were a little comical. They planned to double cast the show but they were overwhelmed by the response. There were over 300 kids who auditioned (they promise a part to everyone who auditions, BTW). I bet 275 of them were girls. And of them, 250 were shorter than N. It will be interesting to see if they make it (they obviously have to cut some kids!). Anyway, there was such a dearth of boys auditioning that I called and got my dear nephew Kenny out of bed. Since elle_cosette is out of town at the writer's convention, he was taking the opportunity to catch a few extra z's. I compelled him and his older brother Paul to give the kids in Farmington a break and come show 'em how it's done in Centerville. I called my Mom at 11:15 and asked her to hurry over there and pick up the boys and race them to Farmington by 12, the deadline for auditions. They got there at 11:55 (thanks so much for dropping everything and doing that, Mom!) only to find out there is a non-refundable $15 audition fee (thanks for paying it, Mom!). Oh yeah, all parents must volunteer at the practices and performances. I can't wait for elle_cosette to come home and find out what I did! I think I just gifted her with a pregnant cat. It is a gift that keeps on giving.




1 comment:
Funny she will still love you and maybe even more:>
Post a Comment