In anticipation of Frank's impending departure from our home for 2 years, I have planed a "last big vacation" which is the same as "first big vacation" for us. Dilbert and I went to Newport, OR a few years ago and thought it was so gorgeous. I wanted my kids to see it, too. So instead of a cruise to Alaska for our 20th anniversary this year, we are taking the kids to the beach. I rented a house on a bluff above the ocean and planed to spend a week just sitting in the sand, soaking up the sun, sight-seeing and hanging out with my favorite people in the whole world.
Well, most of that will happen, I hope, but not the sun and sand, I think. The high is 57 and it is supposed to rain most of the time we are there. Oh well... The rest of it will be awesome... except for the part where I smash my 6 mostly grown children into a Honda Pilot for a 13+ hour road trip through Utah, Idaho and Eastern Oregon (it doesn't get my kind of lovely until you get to the coast).
We leave tomorrow afternoon, late and drive to Boise then on to Newport on Monday. Wish me luck! I don't know if there is internet access at the house (or maybe wi fi next door??? I am so bad, I know!).
Well, most of that will happen, I hope, but not the sun and sand, I think. The high is 57 and it is supposed to rain most of the time we are there. Oh well... The rest of it will be awesome... except for the part where I smash my 6 mostly grown children into a Honda Pilot for a 13+ hour road trip through Utah, Idaho and Eastern Oregon (it doesn't get my kind of lovely until you get to the coast).
We leave tomorrow afternoon, late and drive to Boise then on to Newport on Monday. Wish me luck! I don't know if there is internet access at the house (or maybe wi fi next door??? I am so bad, I know!).




2 comments:
I hope you have the BEST Vacation ever
hope you guys had fun....can't wait for you to blog about all the adventures!
Post a Comment