So Frank Zigmunt's call didn't come yesterday. I was sure it would be there so I had made cookies, rice krispie treats and a ton of cinnamon rolls. Oh well...
So if it isn't here today, the Bishop said he would have the Stake President call and find out what is going on but Frank is not sure he wants it to be like that. He has invited a bus load of friends to come watch him open it and it is kind of anti-climatic to get the news over the phone. So I am really praying it comes today so he can have his moment. He said, "I only get to do this once so I want it to be memorable." Well, good for him! I try to be supportive on the outside, but inside, I am as anxious as he is.
On a good/sad note, my very good friend from Texas and her darling daughter stopped by for just a few hours and a bed. They were apartment seeking for next year's BYU semesters. Then they came up and visited. I took Tori to my book group (she was very kind to have hurried and read the book to be able to participate). It was, as usual, a very fun discussion. We read, "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It was a very good, easy and inspirational read. Anyway, the visit was nearly long enough and my kids monopolized the bulk of the visit with their ad nauseam about their day (yeah, I know... someday I will be glad they do this but I really wanted to visit with my friend!). They left before 5 to catch a flight back to TX and I already miss her. I miss all my Texas friends!
Today is the last day of school. After school we have our annual cul-de-sac water party. It is supposed to be only 73 degrees so it isn't going to be as wild as it has been, but I hope it will still be fun.
So if it isn't here today, the Bishop said he would have the Stake President call and find out what is going on but Frank is not sure he wants it to be like that. He has invited a bus load of friends to come watch him open it and it is kind of anti-climatic to get the news over the phone. So I am really praying it comes today so he can have his moment. He said, "I only get to do this once so I want it to be memorable." Well, good for him! I try to be supportive on the outside, but inside, I am as anxious as he is.
On a good/sad note, my very good friend from Texas and her darling daughter stopped by for just a few hours and a bed. They were apartment seeking for next year's BYU semesters. Then they came up and visited. I took Tori to my book group (she was very kind to have hurried and read the book to be able to participate). It was, as usual, a very fun discussion. We read, "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It was a very good, easy and inspirational read. Anyway, the visit was nearly long enough and my kids monopolized the bulk of the visit with their ad nauseam about their day (yeah, I know... someday I will be glad they do this but I really wanted to visit with my friend!). They left before 5 to catch a flight back to TX and I already miss her. I miss all my Texas friends!
Today is the last day of school. After school we have our annual cul-de-sac water party. It is supposed to be only 73 degrees so it isn't going to be as wild as it has been, but I hope it will still be fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment