Friday, March 13, 2009

Another crock pot recipe

At the grocery store on Monday I came across a good deal... 40 lbs of boneless skinless chicken for $55. And they weren't frozen... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Regardless, I bought the box and brought it home. I spent the next 3 hours trimming all the fat and ying yangs off and packaging them into neat food saver bags. I got 10 meals worth of chicken done... Yippee! Did I mention that I really don't like chicken? ewwwww.

So, in honor of all that chicken, here's what I do with frozen chicken (usually).

Crock Pot Chicken
7 frozen chicken breasts put in the crock pot on low for 6 hours.

Yup. That's it. If I want to make it "Mexican", I add a few palmfuls of taco seasoning. After it is cooked, I shred it with a fork and serve it in tacos, enchiladas or on a tossed green salad. Other times I add a can of cream of chicken soup and make Hawaiian Haystacks or put it over mashed potatoes. Easy peasy, cheap and foolproof.

No comments: