Monday, March 23, 2009

What a day, what a day, what a very fine day...

Yesterday was, perhaps, one of the longest, yet fulfilling days.

It started with a phone call at 10:05 a.m. from the executive secretary wondering why I wasn't at ward council yet... I thought it started at 11. I jumped in the shower and raced down to the church. I got there by 10:20. Not pretty. From there I raced home to make dinner and help H write a talk for Primary. I was back to the church by 12:15. Right after church we went to the stake center for the dedication of the Draper Temple. It was a wonderful experience... I kept reflecting on my first temple dedication, the Jordan River Temple. I loved being able to take H and M to their first. I have been to three in my lifetime--Jordan River, Orlando and Nauvoo. That's a pretty good record, considering how many people don't get that many opportunities. I hope it is something H and M will remember all their lives. We'll get another opportunity this fall when the Oquirrh Hills Temple is dedicated.

Right after the dedication, I had to be back to the Stake Center for the Hosanna practice. BNLFan was too sick to come (she and N had to miss church and the dedication because of some bad bug they're fighting). I am so glad I went... Lex de Azevedo was there accompanying us and it made it all worth it. He's fabulous... I was amazed by his improvising and musicianship. It was so...I'm at a loss for words...exciting? to hear his vision for this music, his motivation... Does that make sense? Wow. It is amazing and powerful. it is simply scripture from the last week of Christ's life, set to de Azevedo signature music (I can hear a lot of the same chords and runs as Saturday's Warriors in it). I have two tickets to it, either on Friday the 10th or Saturday the 11th of April, if anyone wants them. I can't get Dilbert to come--it's not his thing--but I would love to give our comp tickets to someone rather than not use them at all. Anyone??? It is in SLC at the 1st Presbyterian Church. George Dyer is the featured soloist. He came and sang for us last week and he has an amazing voice.

When I got home at 9, I realized I had been sitting for almost 11 hours and I was beat. I got home to great news, though. Dilbert was supposed to go to San Diego today, for a week. Then it was changed to LA for three days and then, late last night, it was canceled. That's great news because it is N's 13th birthday tomorrow.

1 comment:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I keep calling are you alive?