H has been asking me who we are related to in the cast and I kept telling her my cousin Elizabeth's kids are in the play but she couldn't put the cousin thing with their faces. So when I went today I was amused that she is sitting NEXT TO one of Elizabeth's kids. Ha! Small world on that little speck of dust. So here's the Whos without their costumes... H is center front sitting on the steps and M is far left with pigtails and green shirt.
Meanwhile, while I was at Seussical, Scout and N were at Mock Trial. They were competing in Salt Lake City at the Matheson Court House, a very cool place to get to play lawyer. Dilbert took his folks and went to watch. N, being a seventh grader, was an alternate this trial. M did the opening statement and crossed the key prosecution witness. They won the case but lost by a few points. They're pretty disappointed. M was pretty jazzed that she was named best defense witness by the head judge.
Lastly, while all this other stuff was happening, BNLFan_1 was at orchestra rehersal for LHS's production of Showboat. She's playing the cello in the pit, a big honor because they don't usually let students play in the pit. Why? you ask? I can't figure it out. They HIRE professionals instead of letting the kids LEARN how to do it. Hmmm... why are my education dollars being spent on professional musicians and stage hands? How long before they start hiring ACTORS to do the shows, too? Mmmmm.....
Lastly, while all this other stuff was happening, BNLFan_1 was at orchestra rehersal for LHS's production of Showboat. She's playing the cello in the pit, a big honor because they don't usually let students play in the pit. Why? you ask? I can't figure it out. They HIRE professionals instead of letting the kids LEARN how to do it. Hmmm... why are my education dollars being spent on professional musicians and stage hands? How long before they start hiring ACTORS to do the shows, too? Mmmmm.....




No comments:
Post a Comment