Carrot Cookies (aka Orange Cookies)
3/4 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
2 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla
2 t baking powder
1 C coconut
1 C shrededed cooked carrots, cooled
Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg, vanilla and carrots. Stir in dry ingredients and coconut. Spoon onto baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Frost with orange flavored frosting. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
I make them with lemon flavored frosting, using the juice of one lemon and some of the lemon zest to give it a real kick. If I remember, I used about 1 stick of butter, 1 lemon's juice and zest, 4 cups of powdered sugar and one teaspoon of vanilla. My mom used to frost the bottom of the cookies and stick two together but I like them better with the frosting on the top. Then there is more to eat :)
Now... Your assignment for today is to go make these and report back!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment