BNLFan participated in the district solo and ensemble festival yesterday. She was so ready and then when we got before the judge, she choked. She's so bummed. She was playing The Swan by Saint-Saens which is extremely difficult and high for the cello. If she'd nailed it, it would have been awesome. As it was, she got a 2. Not that it was a complete loss... At least she's going to state with her duet and her string choir.
The accompaniment was difficult because it is quite modern (read dissonant) and sounded wrong even when I was playing it right. And it hurt my hand to play it, the reaches were awkward and large. It wasn't my finest hour, either.
On the good side, we ran into elle_cossette and dArt and Paul, having just finished his performance. I would have LOVED to listen to Paul!!! Elle and Paul were kind enough to sit in on BNLFan's performance. I love my big sis!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment