What's for dinner (yesterday)? Asian-Style Pork Chops. It is another Rachael Ray recipe and it was really good! Check it out...
My family's review? Everyone loved it, even Dilbert who usually doesn't like "fruit" on his meat. I made some Rice-A-Roni to go with it and a veggie tray (somehow the brussel sprouts got left in the microwave--go figure!).
We hurried out the door before dinner was over because last night was the school district's math placement test for 6th graders. N and her cutie cousin Shanna (a.k.a. Junnie B. Jones), went together, along with 2.3 billion other 6th graders from across the district to take the test to see if they could take algebra instead of pre-algebra in 7th grade. They said it was hard but the were able to finish. That's a good sign, I think! Grandma was surprised to hear they could take algebra in 7th grade. She said when she was in school, the "smart" kids took it in 9th grade, the first year it was available. I think it is because we have so many more numbers now that they have to teach it to the sooner. Back in Grandma's days, when there weren't so many numbers, they had to string it out to fill 12 years of math education...
And for Activity Days, H went sledding on a hill near our home. It is a really perfect place and the snow is great (since it is not collected on my porch, steps and driveway). She had a good time but came home cold and wet. She is still talking about her daring runs down the hill and over the jumps. Oh to be young again and not afraid of landing on my tail bone!
And I have been working on the SCARF. Yeah, it is hardly coming along. I have had to take it out numerous times. First it was too loosely knitted. The smaller needles were just what it needed. Then I kept dropping stitches. That is highly unusual for me but I did it two or three times before I got my rhythm. I've done about 6 inches--the first two colors. Go me! At this rate it will be done in time for Frank Zigmunt's birthday in June.
My family's review? Everyone loved it, even Dilbert who usually doesn't like "fruit" on his meat. I made some Rice-A-Roni to go with it and a veggie tray (somehow the brussel sprouts got left in the microwave--go figure!).
We hurried out the door before dinner was over because last night was the school district's math placement test for 6th graders. N and her cutie cousin Shanna (a.k.a. Junnie B. Jones), went together, along with 2.3 billion other 6th graders from across the district to take the test to see if they could take algebra instead of pre-algebra in 7th grade. They said it was hard but the were able to finish. That's a good sign, I think! Grandma was surprised to hear they could take algebra in 7th grade. She said when she was in school, the "smart" kids took it in 9th grade, the first year it was available. I think it is because we have so many more numbers now that they have to teach it to the sooner. Back in Grandma's days, when there weren't so many numbers, they had to string it out to fill 12 years of math education...
And for Activity Days, H went sledding on a hill near our home. It is a really perfect place and the snow is great (since it is not collected on my porch, steps and driveway). She had a good time but came home cold and wet. She is still talking about her daring runs down the hill and over the jumps. Oh to be young again and not afraid of landing on my tail bone!
And I have been working on the SCARF. Yeah, it is hardly coming along. I have had to take it out numerous times. First it was too loosely knitted. The smaller needles were just what it needed. Then I kept dropping stitches. That is highly unusual for me but I did it two or three times before I got my rhythm. I've done about 6 inches--the first two colors. Go me! At this rate it will be done in time for Frank Zigmunt's birthday in June.




No comments:
Post a Comment