Yesterday was a snow day...
We woke up to more than a foot of heavy snow so Dilbert decided to take the day off (yeah!!!). It was orchestra for N so he shoveled the walk but it was falling as fast as he could remove it. Fortunately the neighbor offered to drive in her 4-wheel drive jeep so we got back in bed where it was dry and warm...
About 10 a.m. it stopped snowing and we could see the lake from our house but it started again by 10:30. I "thought" I had to be to the school at 1 to judge the school Geography Bee (oops--wrong day!) so we shoveled ourselves out and made it the .25 mile to the school where we were amazed at how snowed in the parking lot was. No one was going anywhere. Luckily we didn't have to stay long once I found out I had the wrong day (how embarrassing!)
By the time we got home, it was clearing again so we started shoveling again. But it didn't take long before another wave of snow hit. It was coming down faster than we could get it off the driveway so we abandoned our efforts and came inside. About every 90 minutes it would stop and clear just long enough to make us think we were done and we would venture outside. But as soon as we were done with the walks, it would start again.
By th end of the day there was more than 15 inches of the while stuff and our mailbox is buried. There is a tunnel to it but I wouldn't venture down it to deliver the mail. I guess I just wont sending any of my Christmas cards for a while--not that I was going to anyway! I really need to go take some pictures. I will definitely do that after I work out and have lunch--before I go back to the school for the real Geography Bee.
We woke up to more than a foot of heavy snow so Dilbert decided to take the day off (yeah!!!). It was orchestra for N so he shoveled the walk but it was falling as fast as he could remove it. Fortunately the neighbor offered to drive in her 4-wheel drive jeep so we got back in bed where it was dry and warm...
About 10 a.m. it stopped snowing and we could see the lake from our house but it started again by 10:30. I "thought" I had to be to the school at 1 to judge the school Geography Bee (oops--wrong day!) so we shoveled ourselves out and made it the .25 mile to the school where we were amazed at how snowed in the parking lot was. No one was going anywhere. Luckily we didn't have to stay long once I found out I had the wrong day (how embarrassing!)
By the time we got home, it was clearing again so we started shoveling again. But it didn't take long before another wave of snow hit. It was coming down faster than we could get it off the driveway so we abandoned our efforts and came inside. About every 90 minutes it would stop and clear just long enough to make us think we were done and we would venture outside. But as soon as we were done with the walks, it would start again.
By th end of the day there was more than 15 inches of the while stuff and our mailbox is buried. There is a tunnel to it but I wouldn't venture down it to deliver the mail. I guess I just wont sending any of my Christmas cards for a while--not that I was going to anyway! I really need to go take some pictures. I will definitely do that after I work out and have lunch--before I go back to the school for the real Geography Bee.




1 comment:
I'm SO happy that I don't live where it snows!
Happy Snow Day to you though...I guess there are some perks :)
Post a Comment