So my parents got their mission call yesterday and I am happy for them. But I just have to vent a bit...
They have been called to serve in Spain (my dad couldn't remember where, exactly), but it is somewhere on the Mediterranean coast. They will serve for 18 months.
That part is all great and I am happy for them. The part I just don't get is they don't have plans for their home or for Katie! They leave the end of May and they have to find someplace for Katie to live and someone to care for her. My Dad just keeps saying he's waiting for the miracle to happen. I don't believe that is how it is supposed to work. He says I don't have enough faith.
They have been called to serve in Spain (my dad couldn't remember where, exactly), but it is somewhere on the Mediterranean coast. They will serve for 18 months.
That part is all great and I am happy for them. The part I just don't get is they don't have plans for their home or for Katie! They leave the end of May and they have to find someplace for Katie to live and someone to care for her. My Dad just keeps saying he's waiting for the miracle to happen. I don't believe that is how it is supposed to work. He says I don't have enough faith.




7 comments:
who is Katie? a pet I hope.
COol on their call! I can NOT wait for my parents to get their call.
I wish Katie was a pet because then it wouldn't seem so cruel. No, Katie is my 28 year-old mentally handicapped sister who lives at home with my parents.
well I could come live in their house w/ B, my mom, and my sister and her 2 boys and take care if K
My parents would jump at it so don't say it too loudly.
What would your men do, though?
Oh...sorry that probably sounded really rude :(
I hope they'll find something that will work for everyone so that they can serve and Katie can be well taken care of.
Nope! Didn't sound rude at all! It actually made me laugh!
Post a Comment