I am grateful to have lived all over the country.
I spent the afternoon being a judge at the elementary's Geography Bee. I was shocked at how many of the questions I actually knew because I had been there--or, more appropriately--lived there. Having lived in South Florida, I was aware of the geography of Florida, Cuba, Jamaica and Haiti. I was also aware of a lot of South American geography because so many of the people there were on their way to assignments in South American countries.
I lived in Texas for quite a while, too. Because of that, I was able to answer questions about Texas, Oklahoma and many of the other states in "Tornado Alley". (And I got a lot of the Ohio questions right, thanks to Joyismygoal )
Of course, growing up in Washington state certainly helped me know the geography in the Pacific Northwest! Missionaries in Brazil, Romania, Russia and soon to be in Spain also helped me answer questions.
Of course there were some that I absolutely could not even guess an answer to--but it made me feel good to see I was not as geographically challenged as I thought I was.
I spent the afternoon being a judge at the elementary's Geography Bee. I was shocked at how many of the questions I actually knew because I had been there--or, more appropriately--lived there. Having lived in South Florida, I was aware of the geography of Florida, Cuba, Jamaica and Haiti. I was also aware of a lot of South American geography because so many of the people there were on their way to assignments in South American countries.
I lived in Texas for quite a while, too. Because of that, I was able to answer questions about Texas, Oklahoma and many of the other states in "Tornado Alley". (And I got a lot of the Ohio questions right, thanks to Joyismygoal )
Of course, growing up in Washington state certainly helped me know the geography in the Pacific Northwest! Missionaries in Brazil, Romania, Russia and soon to be in Spain also helped me answer questions.
Of course there were some that I absolutely could not even guess an answer to--but it made me feel good to see I was not as geographically challenged as I thought I was.




3 comments:
Hi - I finally found your blog - you had given me shauna6pack@blogspot.com - it took me long enough to figure out I needed shauna6pack.blogspot.com (. not @) !!! Crazy, huh? Looks very interesting. I will be reading awhile.
Oh--I am such a dork! I'm glad you found it!
There was one other question I knew because of YOU! The question was Minot a city in what state, is located near an Air Force Base. I knew it because you had lived there!
Hey i haven't been on in awhile that was the day i was talking to you wasn't it? So sorry, but cool you are so geographically gifted I hope it rubs off on me:> I wonder how long it would last if you mailed me a snow ball?:>
Post a Comment