We invited Mom and Dad and Katie to dinner yesterday, to celebrate Mom's birthday. It was fun but the meal was a disaster of epic proportions.
I tried a new recipe from the newspaper. It was the winning entry in a beef cooking contest. I think it was called strip steak with bleu cheese pasta... Anyway, the steak was tough and the pasta, while delicious, was so fattening! I broiled the steak and then drizzled it with garlic butter (fat fat fat). The pasta had a cream sauce made with butter, olive oil, whipping cream and melted bleu cheese (fatter fatter fatter). The rolls I made had too much flour in them and I over-cooked every one of them. The only good thing was the salad but the dressings were unimpressive.
So yeah, I tried to give my parents a heart attack before their mission. Sigh... We finally gave Mom the copy of the Relief Society Music Contest Recital. BNLFan_1's cello part sounds so heavenly. I just love to listen to it. I wonder if there is a way to post music files... anyone?
Today should be better. We are having French Dip Sandwiches since it is a snowy day and I will be in and out, running kids around and clearing the driveway and steps of snow. Crock pot to the rescue! I will publish the recipe tomorrow.
I tried a new recipe from the newspaper. It was the winning entry in a beef cooking contest. I think it was called strip steak with bleu cheese pasta... Anyway, the steak was tough and the pasta, while delicious, was so fattening! I broiled the steak and then drizzled it with garlic butter (fat fat fat). The pasta had a cream sauce made with butter, olive oil, whipping cream and melted bleu cheese (fatter fatter fatter). The rolls I made had too much flour in them and I over-cooked every one of them. The only good thing was the salad but the dressings were unimpressive.
So yeah, I tried to give my parents a heart attack before their mission. Sigh... We finally gave Mom the copy of the Relief Society Music Contest Recital. BNLFan_1's cello part sounds so heavenly. I just love to listen to it. I wonder if there is a way to post music files... anyone?
Today should be better. We are having French Dip Sandwiches since it is a snowy day and I will be in and out, running kids around and clearing the driveway and steps of snow. Crock pot to the rescue! I will publish the recipe tomorrow.




No comments:
Post a Comment