Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tuesday's Dinner

More snow yesterday, just in time for the girl's dance lessons. I didn't take them. I don't think it is worth traveling Highway 89 in a heavy, blowing snow for a few dance steps.

I taught a few piano lessons yesterday, including N's lesson. She's doing really well. She's a very ambitious, goal-oriented young lady. She is amazing. I also got to listen to BNLFan practice last night. She's sounding really good, too. We are supposed to get more snow this afternoon and more Friday. Yippee! It is getting difficult to throw the snow high enough to clear the piles of snow on the sides of the driveway.

Now I am off to shop for my freezer meal enrichment group that is coming here tomorrow. It will be good to have some dinners in the freezer since I have book fair all next week. That reminds me... I need to find some help manning the fair. I hate this part of being in charge of the fair. What is the volunteer coordinator for if she doesn't arrange for volunteers?

Dinner last night was homemade pizza. Here's my recipes:
Pizza Dough
1 T yeast
1 C warm water
1 t sugar
1 t salt
2 T oil
2 1/2 C flour

Beat until gluten is risen (approx. 2 minutes in a mixer). Let rest for 5 minutes. Roll out, put on toppings and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Pizza Sauce (supposedly is like Papa John's dipping sauce)
1 10 3/4-ounce can of tomato puree (I use a large can of tomato sauce)
1/4 C water (I left this out)
1 T sugar
1 t olive oil
1/4 t lemon juice
1/4 t salt
1/4 t oregano
1/8 t basil
1/8 t thyme
1/8 t garlic powder

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Note: When I made this last night, I was using whole oregano, basil and thyme so I doubled the amounts of these spices and it was good. I'm not sure if that is what I should have done, but it worked. This makes enough dough and sauce for one cookie sheet sized pizza so if you were rolling it out on a stone, you would probably get 2 out of the dough and you would still have plenty of sauce.

No comments: